John N. Grinton
- Contract Negotiations & Drafting
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Ratemaking Proceedings
- Regulatory Compliance
- Utility Disputes
- Workers’ Compensation
John Grinton is a partner of Marionneaux Kantrow, LLC who represents local and national clients before the Louisiana Public Service Commission (LPSC) and in Louisiana state, federal, and workers' compensation courts. He regularly represents regulated utility companies, motor carriers, insurance companies, contractors, businesses and individuals in all aspects of litigation and transactional matters.
John's practice focuses on representing regulated entities in ratemaking proceedings, mergers and acquisitions, and contractual negotiations, as well as workers' compensation defense. He also represents businesses and business owners, with a focus on daycares and early learning centers, in the drafting and negotiation of a variety of contracts, litigation defense, and regulatory compliance with the State of Louisiana.
John prides himself on the responsiveness he provides to each client. Every case or transaction is different, and John's clients appreciate his ability to creatively identify the most efficient and cost-effective way to handle theirs. Sometimes that involves reaching the best compromise available. In other instances, it requires proving his client's case at trial. In either instance, John proactively moves each of his cases or transactions toward a smart and efficient resolution.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2012
- Louisiana State University
- B.S. - 2008
- Judge Joseph Keogh Memorial Award
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member, Present
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Present
- BREC Foundation Board, Member, Present
- Child Care Association of Louisiana Board, Member, Present
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Utilities, Workers' Compensation & Holiday Star Committee Member, Present
- The Dean Henry George McMahon American Inn of Court, New Member Chairman, 2015 to 2019