Understanding Energy, Utility, And Regulatory Law
Marionneaux Kantrow, LLC, has for many years represented public utilities and other interested stakeholders in matters before the Louisiana Public Service Commission (LPSC), before Louisiana courts, in arbitration and mediation, and in negotiation with other parties. Our firm has represented electric, gas, water, and telecommunications utilities in a wide range of matters including:
- Rate increase and adjustment proceedings, including the implementation of several formula rate plans
- Negotiation and regulatory approval of long and short-term agreements to purchase power and other resources
- Negotiation and regulatory approval of mergers and acquisitions involving LPSC-regulated entities
- Disputes regarding utility territory and the right to serve customers
- Audits and regulatory compliance complaints and reviews
- Rule making proceedings for the implementation of LPSC regulations
- Contempt proceedings
- Customer complaints
- Franchises issued by municipalities, parishes, and other political subdivisions
- Contract negotiation and dispute resolution
- Appeals of regulatory decisions
The Louisiana Public Service Commission maintains its own distinct rules of practice and procedure and has issued nearly 300 general orders and many other orders and regulations, most of which are not easily located or searchable in typical attorney research programs. At Marionneaux Kantrow, LLC, we have repeatedly pursued and litigated matters under the LPSC’s procedural rules and have comprehensively compiled and catalogued the LPSC’s general orders and other regulations from 1921, the year of the LPSC’s inception, to the present. Our clients benefit significantly from our regulatory experience and efforts, in both cost-savings and results.
Straightforward Legal Advocacy
While we pride ourselves on zealously representing our clients before the Louisiana Public Service Commission, we also strive to facilitate trust on behalf of our clients and ourselves with Commissioners and LPSC Staff, through forthright and direct filings and communications. We seek to represent clients who complement this approach and recognize its importance in achieving long-term success in a regulatory environment.
Marionneaux Kantrow, LLC, is uniquely prepared to advise and represent parties regarding issues and matters before the Louisiana Public Service Commission. We look forward to having the opportunity to assist you. You may also reach our firm online through this website.